About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Friday, February 22, 2013

Another Layout with my new kit

I was playing around with my Heritage Lane kit last night and surfing the web for freebies (what else are you suppose to do at 2am?) and I found this pretty layout template by Zoe Pearn Designs.  I haven't used layerd templates until I used the one for the Persnicky Prints layout contest, and I tell ya, they are great.  I can put together a layout in about 15 minutes and I don't have to think about where to put everything.  My layout skills really leave something to be desired, so while I am using these tools as a quick and dirty way of getting out a layout, I consider them a learning tool as well.  They help me understand how to put together a great layout using their scale of elements, placement, and shadowing.  I know I'll be looking more into how to make these for myself in the near future. So here is the layout:


I think this better shows off the colours of the kit, plus I got to use that pretty doily.

So, that's all for today.  I'm amazed there's still sunlight and I've posted.  Usually, blogging is a late night activity for me.  I need to get my schedule straightened out.  I've been looking for work and I can't be up all night and expect to be engaged if I get called for an interview.  We'll get there...

Talk to you later...

Cat

1 comment:

scrapn said...

This is really pretty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...