About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Friday, April 01, 2011

The Brakefast Club Challenge #21 - Sewing

Hi again!  I have a little card I made up for this week's challenge over at The Brakefast Club to share with you. The them is sewing - anything that has to do with sewing.  So you could use actual sewing, faux stitching, pins, thread, etc., etc.  You get the idea.  I have a friend who is turning 50 in a couple weeks (I'm not long behind her - yikes!) and I also needed to make a card for her so I combined my efforts and killed two birds with one stone.  The image is called Two Friends (how could I not use this image) and its available in the IBFD shop.
Here's my card:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Two Friends (I Brake for Digis), faux stitching stamp (Hanging by a Thread set, Technique Tuesday)
Papers:  Recollections cardstock, digital papers (Summertime Designs), Wausau Exact Index 110# cardstock, matte presentation paper (Epson)
Tools & Embellishments:  pencil crayons (Crayola, Roseart), oms, French Script font, edge distresser (Heidi Swapp), brads, edge punch (Recollections)

I thought the image was so appropriate for my friend since we have been friends since we were about 11 or 12 years old - like FOREVER.  Even though we don't keep in regular contact, we do send the occasional email and I go visit her when I go to Winnipeg.  Its nice to have a friend that you can pick up right where you left off the last time you talked - even if it has been a year or so.  I am actually quite lucky to have two friends like that.

Well, that's it for today.  I'll be back in a couple days with something new.  Until then, take care...

Cat

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...