About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Friday, February 18, 2011

IBFD - Brakefast Club Challenge #15 - Bare or Bear

This week's challenge at  the BrakeFast Club is to create a card that either has a bear on it, or is bare - as in clean & simple.  I'm not feeling the clean and simple thing theses days, especially since I've been making a lot of flowers to put on everything, so I had to settle for a bear. :)  Here is the card I made for the challenge:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Buzzing Bee Bear (I Brake For Digis)
Papers:  Wausau Exact Index 110#, Recollections cardstock, Gratitude papers/digital scrapbooking kit (Summertime Designs), matte finish brochure paper (Staples)
Tools & Embellishments:  Waterfall & gold Stickles, home made flowers, CraftRobo, Copic markers, black sharpie marker, Scalloped Scallop edge punch (EK Success), Baby Kruffy font, small flower punch (Fiskars), small daisy punch (Fiskars)

I printed the image on Wausau cardstock and coloured it with my copic markers - pretty straight forward.  I double matted it; the first mat is cut from the digital papers I had printed out and then the bottom mat is from plain Recollections cardstock that I used the Scalloped Scallop edge punch on.  Luckily, I happened to get it lined up pretty much perfect and I had nice neat corner scallops on it.  The background paper is also a digi paper from the scrapbooking kit I printed out. The sentiment is lettering I cut on my Craft Robo using the Baby Kruffy font out of the same patterned paper I used to mat the image.  I also cut a mat for the lettering in white.  It didn't show up that well, so I took a black sharpie marker an outlined the letters, and now it stands out better and makes it look more like paper piecing.  Finally, I made the little flowers using a couple small Fiskars flower punches I had been neglecting.  I used gold stickles for the centre of the flowers.  The scrolls are Sizzix die images I recreated in my RoboMaster software and cut with my Craft Robo.  The final touch was to use Waterfall Stickles to highlight the bumble bee's flight path.

So, I don't think I really I accomplished bare with this card.  But, at least, I have a bear on it. :)

Take care and have a great weekend everyone!

Cat

3 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

Awe I love him Beary much tfs

Jacqueline said...

Pretty Card, that bear is adorable very cute!… I’m a new follower, also from Canada – would love if you followed me back.

p.s. I’d like to invite you to join the Canadian Crafty Blog Hop that I am hosting on My Blog - its only for Canadian Crafters.

Chrissy D said...

This is adorable, Cat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...