About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Friday, January 21, 2011

A New Challenge & A New Release at ADFD

This week starts another new challenge on the A Day For Daisies blog.  The new challenge is "Organic Soul" - use something organic in your creation.  You can use pressed flowers, handmade paper, pieces of twigs... Whatever you want.  There is also another great new release of images this week and they are, as usual, simply great.  Here's a peek at the new images:


You can find these images in the ADFD shop.  Remember, there is a freebie on the blog for you to play along with the challenge.  So check it out. :)

I'm always delighted with the images Tammy puts out week after week. They're so easy to create with.  The card I made this week just sort of popped into my head when I saw the images.  Here's a look at the card I made with one of the new images:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Making Friends (A Day For Daisies)
Papers:  patterned paper (DCWV), Recollections cardstock, Wausau Exact Index 110# cardstock
Tools & Embellishments:  Copics, 3-in-1 Classic Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), glitter (Craft Decor & Glitter Ritz), Lace corner punch (Dollar Store), pressed flowers (Recollections), ribbon (Michaels), Tulip large edge punch (EK Success), Zig glue pen, Zip Dry glue

Again, another straight forward card.  The dried flowers are a little tricky to work with.  If you decided to use dried flowers or leaves, remember they are quite brittle.  You will need to use a pair of tweezers to handle them since they are so fragile.  I used my Zig glue pen to put small dots of glue down where I wanted the little fern and then used Zip Dry to attached the other flowers.

I hope you join in on the challenge.  Not only do you get a free image to play along with, but you could win another image of your choice from the shop.  Its going to be fun. :)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Talk to you later...

Cat

1 comment:

Ellis said...

Wonderful card you've made for the challenge! =)
I like the valentine's paper you made, I'll email you later! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...