About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Monday, December 20, 2010

New IBFD Card

Hi everyone!  Whatcha think of the new blog template? I love it.  Its so festive.  Its time for a new challenge over at the Brakefast Club.  This week is Snow or Winter theme.  I have the cutest little Snowman digi from IBFD and thought it was perfect for this challenge - he's sooo cute.  I know I'll be using this one over and over again. Here's my card:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Snowman (I Brake For Digis)
Paper:  patterned paper (Mom's Diner Salt - Recollections), pink & teal card stock (Recollections), white 110# cardstock (Wausau Exact Index)
Tools & Embellishments:  Drippy Goo edge punch (Martha Stewart), Snowflake punch (Martha Stewart), Christmas candy ribbon (Michaels), Star Dust Stickles, Copics, Rhinestone (Walmart), white glitter (Doodlebug), Zig glue pen

I love this colour combination for Christmas colours.  I love the patterned paper I found at Michaels.  Its actually suppose to be a retro pattern, but to me it looks more like a Christmas pattern so I went with it.  I found this paper a while ago and wish I bought more.  I only had 1/2 a sheet left since I used it on some recipe swap cards (which I think turned out totally cute - I'll post those once everyone in the swap gets their cards).  The icicles along the top were very easy to create.  I used the drippy goo punch and put two layers - one longer than the other.  Then I put stickles on the drips to make them look icy.  I know there is an icicle punch, but I haven't seen it in the stores around here for quite a while, and I really should try using what I have on hand instead of buying new tools all the time.  The snowflake is punched with one of the new(er) Martha Stewart punch and stamp combo sets.  I didn't use the stamp part of it because I wanted to coat the snowflake with white glitter, which I did by using my Zig glue pen and then glitter.  I glued a little Rhinestone to the centre of the snowflake just for a little extra sparkle.

I really like the way this card turned out. You should check out the challenge over at the BrakeFast Club.  If you want to pick up this cute little guy, he's here in the I Brake For Digis shop.  Don't forget to get the discount code in my sidebar if you're going shopping.

That's all for today.  Take care...

Cat

3 comments:

Karin said...

Wow, so cute! Fab coloring job and the embellishments make it memorable :)

Chrissy D said...

Cat - I absolutely LOVE this. THe "cool" colors are perfect with this snowman!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another cutie..and love those icicles. That is awesome work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...