About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Thursday, December 02, 2010

I was Awarded and Award!

I've been chosen to receive the prestigious "Stylish Blogger Award" by Lisa over at her blog Land of EnCRAFTment.  Thank you Lisa.  Its an honour - truly.  It makes me happy that there are people who actually visit my blog and take the time to leave me a message, let alone pick me for an award.  There are some stipulations in accepting this award, however.  I think I have fulfilled the first one already, but I will list them here because others will need to see what they are (also part of the stipulations).
In accepting this award I agree to
1. Thank the person who bestowed the award on me and link back to them;  (check)
2. Share 8 things about yourself;
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers you recently discovered;
4. Notify those 8 bloggers and let them know about their award.

So, 8 things about myself.  Well, this was hard one because I don't think I'm really all that interesting, but here they are:
1.  My favourite colour is Royal Blue.  It's just such a rich and regal colour.
2.  My favourite flowers are Gerbera Daisies because they're pretty and fun.
3.  My best friend since I was about 16 years old is Janet.
4.  I love ice fishing - I even have my own ice auger. :)
5.  I wanted to teach music before I decided to become and engineer.
6.  I had drawings on display in the Winnipeg Art Gallery when I was 12.
7.  I'm the oldest of 3 - one sister and one brother.
8.  I'm named after a little girl that died from tuberculosis.  She had red hair and freckles and my dad told my mom that is what their daughter was going to look like  - and I did.  This was before I was even born.

Now for my pay-it-forward awards.  I have only met one of these ladies in person: Gail.  She's a sweetheart. She's one of the founders and a member of the Stampin' Canada on line community where I hang out most of the time.  Donna is another member of Stampin' Canada, but I have not had the pleasure of meeting her in person yet.  Ruth is another lady from Calgary that I met on line through the Splitcoast Stampers blogger group the Paper Palls.  We haven't met in person, but I like to check out her blog - she has some cool projects.  All the other ladies on my pay-it-forward list are new friends I've "met" on line through my new adventure on the I Brake For Digis design team.  Here's the list:


Again, thank you Lisa.  I'm off to let everyone know I've awarded them the Stylish Blogger Award.

Have a great night everyone!
Talk to you later...

Cat

4 comments:

Karin said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing this on Cat :) I'm looking forward to seeing all that you make with the IBFD stamps!

Nancy said...

Thanks for the tag, Cat! I hope you don't mind that I've added you to my listing of Canadian bloggers on my blog....

Donna said...

Awww thanks Cat!
How sweet of you to think of me :)

Lisa said...

Hi Cat :) I enjoyed the 8 things you picked and especially the one about your Dad's premonition!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...