About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Friday, December 31, 2010

A Day for Daisies New Release - Version 2

Hopefully, the order of these posts comes out the way I want them.
I've had the same wallpaper on my computer desktop since I bought the computer.  Its a lovely forest scene, but I was getting bored with it.  So I thought I would make a new one for myself and incorporate a calendar because I'm always clicking on the time thingy (technical term) on the task bar to get the calendar up.  I know its not that big of a deal, but it is an annoyance to me.  And since its been so cold, and usually its pretty cold throughout January here in Calgary, I wanted something that would remind me that warmer weather will eventually come back.  And the image I used is so pretty and serene, I had to use it.  Here is the second project I created with the ADFD new release image At the Sea with Sister.

Supplies:
Images:  At the Sea with Sister (A Day for Daisies)
Papers:  Digital background paper (Corina Nielsen - Memory Makers)
Tools & Embellishments:  digital elements by Cuddlebeez & Becky Young Designs, Corel PaintShop Pro X

I imported the calendar grid from Microsoft Word into my graphics program, and then created the aged paper using various brushes and textures to make it look aged and worn.  It was really fun to use my graphics program.  I don't do that much digital work for crafting anymore other than resizing and printing my digi stamps these days, so it was fun to get back to my "roots" so to speak.

I really hope you like the desktop wall paper.  As a little bonus, if you want it for your own computer, you can download the full size version (1024 x 768) here.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a safe and wonderful New Year!

Cat

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Great calendar page....will there be more coming...teehee?? Thanks for the download, I appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...