About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Brake For Stamps Design Team Call

I put my name in for yet another design team.  I'm trying out for the I Brake For Stamps design team.  I only have 3 of their images and really like them.  I made 3 cards using each stamp, so here are some pictures of them.

I absolutely love this image on this card.  It can be a challenge to colour because the bears are suppose to be white.

Supplies
Stamps:  I Brake For Stamps
Paper:  patterned paper (unknown), coloured card stock (Bazzill & Recollections), Wausau Exact Index 80# (image), Office Depot 110# card stock (base)
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Tools & embellishments:  Copic markers, iridescent glitter glue (Studio G), crystal glitter (Glitterex - snowflake), EK Success corner adorner punch - Venetian, star & rounded corner punch (Dollar Store), glitter organza ribbon (Michaels), brad (Dollar Store)

The next stamp image is one I bought to make my mother's birthday card.  Unfortunately, I haven't sent it yet - her birthday was last week (I know, I'm a lousy daughter).


Supplies
Stamps:  I Brake For Stamps
Paper:  patterned paper (K&Company - Amy Butler - Belle paper stack), coloured card stock (Bazzill & Recollections), Wausau Exact Index 80# (image), Domtar 130# coated card stock (base)
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Tools & embellishments:  Copic markers, stickles (Waterfall), dimensional pearl fabric paint (flower centres - Dollar Store), Martha Stewart Hydrangea & Hydrangea Trio punches, crotchet lace ribbon (Dollar Store), texture plate (feather pattern - Fiskars), Martha Stewart floral lace edge punch

The last card I made is with a very cute snowman stamp.  I think about 75% of my Christmas stamps are snowmen.


Supplies
Stamps:  I Brake For Stamps
Paper:  patterned paper (My Minds Eye - Countdown to Christmas paper stack), shimmer card stock (red background card stock - Recollections), coloured card stock (Recollections). Wausau Exact Index 80# (image), Domtar 130# coated card stock (base)
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Tools & embellishments:  Copic markers, stickles (frosted lace, stardust, gold, silver, red), Martha Stewart  double loop edge punch, satin ribbon (Michaels)

Well, thanks for looking at my cards.  I have to start getting a few more Christmas cards done for the craft shows I have at the end of this month and the beginning of December.  After these ones, that's all I'm going to do.  They're a lot of work and a lot of fun, but I don't think that they're worth it for the money you make on them.  So far I've more or less have broken even on the stuff that I've sold, but I will probably have a couple hundred cards left over and a bunch of altered items that I'll never be able to use.  I guess everyone in my family will get a nice big set of cards for Christmas if I don't sell them.  I'll send some to the Canadian troops too.

Well, its late, so good night.  Talk to you later...

Cat

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Cat - your cards are FABULOUS! Your coloring is awesome, and the rest of your cards are beautifully designed and executed! They would be crazy not to want you on their design team!

P.S. Hurry up and get that card in the mail to your Mom!

Laura said...

Stunning cards!!! I love the polar bears.I like the thought of not having to color.

Selina said...

Love the snowman card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...