About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Birthday Card from Jasmine

It was my birthday last week.  I can't believe how old I'm getting.  Well, this was, officially, my last birthday.  I am not going to have anymore.  I still want all the presents and cards, but I don't want the actual turning older part of it.  I never thought I would be this "old".  When I was young, I thought that I would go on feeling great for the rest of my life.  I couldn't understand "old" people when they said they couldn't sleep because they had heartburn, or even more gross - gas!  I secretly thought they were stupid.  Why didn't they just take a tums or fart and be done with it.  Now I know.  While my ailments these days are a little more complicated than heartburn or gas, I wish there was a pill that I could take and just be done with it.  My eyesight is getting worse, I have the beginnings of arthritis in my wrists and hips, and now I think menopause is starting to creep up on me too.  For all you "young" people out there:  TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODIES!!! You'll need them.

Well, back to a more pleasant subject matter - my niece - and the absolutlely cute card she made for me for my birthday.  She's getting a lot of use of the supplies I sent her in the summer for her birthday.  I'm just about ready to do another sweep of my supplies.  The shelves in my cabinet let go because of the weight of all the paper last night.  It was like a pancake reaction.  The top shelf went, it hit the shelf below, and that one let go, and so on.  So I had to sort some of my stuff - more or less pick it all up off the floor!! What a royal pain.  Now all the stuff that was on those shelves is sitting out in my dining room.  I have to walk back and forth to get something and then put it away.  Hopefully, hubby will help me fix it tonight.

Anyway, I digress again.  Jasmine is getting to be quite good at making cards.  We haven't had a Skype craft date in a while.  I think I'll have to come up with a project so we can have a craft date soon.  Here's a picture of the card she sent me.  If you have a minute, please leave her a comment.  She's always thrilled to hear what people have to say about her work. :)


Talk to you later...

Cat

P.S.  Tomorrow is the start of my term on the I Brake for Digis DT.  I'll have a new card up to show you, so stop by again tomorrow to take a peek.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...