About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Finally finished...

I finally finished a baby afghan my mother asked me to make for my cousin and his wife.  I started it in April, but only worked on it here and there.  My mom had wanted me to get it done before they had the baby, but I really wasn't into it, so I only could work on it for about an hour at a time before I got bored with it and put it away. Well, they had the baby, so I had to force myself to get it done.  Well, its done.  Not that I begrudge doing it for my cousin, but it was so tedious.  I don't know how I made so many of these when I was in my 20's and all my friends were having kids.  For all you crotchet-ers out there, all it is, is one big granny square.  I crotchet 8 rounds of white, and then 4 rounds of whatever colour you want.  I always start and finish with a white section and then add a knotted fringe all around.  They're always a big hit.  All I have left to do now is make a baby card, wrap it up and send it out.  Here's a picture of the finished afghan:


My next "textile" project is going to be a shrug for my niece.  I bought some beautiful pink yarn and some hot pink fun fur yarn for the trim to make it.  I was looking through the Lion Brand yarn website in the free patterns section the other night for inspiration.  I seldom use a pattern anymore for any of my plain knitted or crotcheted stuff anymore.  I've been doing it for about 40 years - my Gramma taught me when I was a little kid - so I can figure it out by myself.  I do use a pattern for "guidance" if its a complicated stitch though.

That's all I have for today.  Take care and talk to you later....

Cat

1 comment:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - lots of work, but a beautiful outcome!! Your cousin, his wife and child (and your mom) will be so pleased!!!
Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...