About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Unexpected Act of Generosity

I am simply amazed sometimes how people can go about their lives oblivious to everyone else without caring what happens in this world. I see people everyday who wouldn't give their spit to someone dying of thirst. Then, out of nowhere, you encouter someone like Annette. I don't know Annette, never met Annette, and until last night didn't know Annette existed. Annette is a member of the scrapbook.com community and uses the screen name buggainok. She creates beautiful cards. I spent about 1 1/2 hours last night going through her entire gallery looking at all the wonderful cards she has posted. There were two that caught my eye because they had cats on them. I sent her a private message asking if she knew where I might find the stamps for purchase. She pm'ed me back and said that one wasn't a stamp but part of a patterned paper she had purchased. The other is a stamp she got from Michaels in Oklahoma City (too far for me to drive - I'm in Alberta) Then to my amazement, she offered to give me the stamp because she wasn't going to use it again. She's even paying the postage. I was blown away with her generosity to a total stranger. There sure aren't many people in this world like Annette.

Cat

4 comments:

Bugga in OK said...

Well, hi Cat,

I clicked on your blog link and lo and behold I find myself the subject of your latest entry. I was surprised - and very touched by what you wrote.
Thank you for the wonderful kind words.

You are right...it can be a big bad world out there. But I believe that good will always find good. I am glad we have met, and hope to keep in touch and get to know you better.

xoxoAnnette

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Wenchie said...

I too have had the pleasure of meeting this woman. She is a joy to speak with and a very funny lady. I'm not at all surprised at her generosity.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this story. And what a sweet thing to do for a fellow stamper (we ARE a supportive bunch, aren't we?!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...